Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Rolling with the Flow (if not the trailer quite yet...)

I'm still waiting for the work estimate on repairs for the trailer.  Called this morning, and was told that there is more to do than originally anticipated, but it is in the shop and they'll call me this afternoon with the results.  Need I say that seems disconcerting at best?  But road safety and a solid base are prime considerations before I even think about getting on the road.  (Always assuming I will be able to eventually).  But enough of Henny Penny thoughts!

This week, the adventure expanded, and my grandkids are coming to spend some time with me while dad takes a job out of town. Summer, single parent, mobile skills - grandma gold!!!  So not to waste any of our time together, we'll be tent camping at Smithville Lake (being near their aunt in KC, and near the repair shop are an added plus) at Crow's Creek  Campground to start.  It's a great way to get settled into a routine, and a chance for test runs to find out what we forgot to bring or don't have. Or what I put in the trailer already that I need to retrieve for immediate use.

If the rain comes back, there is a very large and comfy bed in the back of the truck we can snuggle into, so being without the trailer for a bit will not be too hard. 

And of course there are always s'mores!!!  Keep you posted (smile, wink, wink...)


No comments:

Post a Comment